Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary
Conditions of Entry
Terms and Conditions
Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary
Terms and Conditions
Accommodation Deposits and Cancellation Policy
The following document applies to reservations made directly with Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary and excludes all reservations made through 3rd Party Travel Agencies as well as promotional packages and tariffs
General Conditions of Entry
Please read the General, COVID-19 Conditions of Entry, the Admission Ticket / ANNUAL PASS Conditions requirements for the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary.
- Alcohol - Is not permitted to be brought into the sanctuary by guests/visitors.
- Animals - As per the Federal Disability Discrimination Act 1992 amended 2009 (Section 54A(4B), in order to protect onsite koalas, no pets are permitted within the Sanctuary grounds with the exception of registered Guide Dogs & Assistance Dogs (valid supporting evidence required). Access to the Sanctuary SKYwalk or Port Stephens Koala Hospital is not permitted.
- Children - Children are not permitted into the park without an accompanying adult over the age of 16 years. The safety of yourself and your children is your responsibility.
- Entry Conditions - The admission price (inclusive of GST), issued by the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary includes entry into the sanctuary, activities and attractions with the exception of educational tours & talks, food, beverages and merchandise.
- Entry Refusal - The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests for non-adherence to conditions of entry, failing to follow staff or signage instruction, anti-social behaviour (including unsocial language), violence, theft, vandalism, intoxication, use or influence of elicit substances or inadequate supervision of persons under your care.
- Entry Inspection - It is a Condition of Entry that a search of a person and/or their possessions may be required at the time of entry into the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary.
- Food & Beverages – The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary offers guests access to food and beverage facilities via the Fat Possum café. No substantial foods or beverages (drink bottles allowed) allowed inside the sanctuary.
- Guest Noise - Noise (including use of any audio equipment or musical instrument) must be kept to a minimum whenever inside Sanctuary grounds, Koalas are very timid and noise scares them.
- Guest Responsibilities - All guests are responsible for their own property and whilst the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary takes precautions to reduce damage or theft, responsibility will not be taken for damage or loss of personal property.
- Guests Behaviour – All guests must not tap on any glass, windows or any enclosure fences. This scares our Koalas! Guests must not reach over any enclosure fences, glass or walls. This may be dangerous! Fences are there for a reason, your protection as well as the Koalas!
- Photography - Guests must not reach over any enclosure fences, glass or walls or call out to get koalas attention when taking photographs. No flash photography allowed.
- Refund Policy - The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary has a no refund policy which is inclusive of inclement weather and does not refund for incorrect purchases.
- Smoking - The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary fully supports the Smoke Free Environment Act 2000 and has adopted in principle this legislation making the Sanctuary a Smoke Free environment. Smoking is only permissible in the car park areas.
Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary – Admission Tickets Conditions
- Ticket prices are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- All day tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Tickets cannot be on-sold to another party or third party for re-sale to customers.
- Online tickets are valid for one use before the valid until date printed on the ticket.
- All day entry tickets are valid for 30 days after purchase, unless stated otherwise.
- When your online ticket purchase is successful, you will receive an email with your tickets attached as a pdf file. To gain entry to the Sanctuary you must present your QR-coded tickets from the attached pdf. Entry will not be permitted without presentation of your QR-coded tickets. A confirmation email receipt is not your QR-coded tickets and will not be accepted to gain entry.
- Online tickets cannot be purchased or redeemed with any other discount offer or promotional offer.
- Child ticket prices are for ages 4 to 13 years inclusive (children under 4 enter for free).
- An Online Booking fee of $2.00 per transaction will be applied upon checkout.
- Redemption of Concession/ Companion Card, or Senior tickets must be accompanied with relevant valid identification.
- There will be no refunds or rain checks due to inclement weather or koalas resting or sleeping.
- The ticket holder agrees that by the purchase of a Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary ticket the ticket holder has read all of these here in conditions and agrees unconditionally to be bound by these conditions.
Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary – KOALA CRUSADER ANNUAL PASS Conditions
- ANNUAL PASS commences on the date of purchase and is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry, unless otherwise stated.
- ANNUAL PASS cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part-of a year.
- ANNUAL PASS can only be used by the person whose name is listed on the pass. Photo identification will be required with the ANNUAL PASS to gain entry into the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary.
- ANNUAL PASS holders must abide at all times by the Terms and Conditions | Conditions of Entry of the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary. The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary reserves the right to cancel a paid ANNUAL PASS without a refund upon breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- If lost, there will be a $10 charge per ANNUAL PASS to issue a replacement.
- If stolen, contact the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary to advise. Any reported stolen card will be cancelled. A $10 charge per pass will be levied to replace a stolen card.
- ANNUAL PASS privileges, Terms and Conditions may be amended or revoked at the Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary’s' discretion by giving notice by email and by posting a notification on the Sanctuary’s’ website.